Importing Storyline 360 Project

Jul 22, 2020

I am trying to import a Storyline 360 project, into Rise 360. The SL project is a video with closed captions I manually entered into SL. I've exported to Review 360 and then added to Rise from there. Problem is I loose the closed caption button, but it's not consistent. Sometimes when you click the course lesson the CC is there and other times not.

What am I missing? Or is this just something that doesn't work the way I want it too?

9 Replies
Sheila Zickefoose

Hi Alyssa -

Well, the challenge it is visible sometimes and not others. The closed caption button is visible in SL consistently. This happens in Review 360 and Rise 360 - you can click the video and the closed caption button will be there and click on the video a second time and it is not or vice versa. I'm thinking there must be something in the export from SL causing the issue but I'm not sure what.

I've tried Firefox and Chrome (both are updated to the most recent version).

I've also posted the issue to customer support as I am needing a "fix" if that's the situation fairly quickly.

Kimberly Comstock

Thank you for posting, Chino! Yes, I am working with Jose. He was unable to duplicate the issue and this morning, when I went to grab screenshots for the case, I found that the CC option now displays in the three browsers I tested (Chrome, Edge, and IE) - whereas it only displayed in IE yesterday. Anyway, the issue is resolved, but not clear reason as to why it happened in the first place.