Issue with text in Storyline block in Rise project

Apr 18, 2019

Hi,

I created a simulation in SL, published it with SCORM 1.2 to Review 360, then imported it into a Rise project. I published the Rise project to Review 360 - text looks fine (although I had other issues I won't go into here.) I exported the Rise course using SCORM 1.2 and uploaded into our LMS (SuccessFactors). When I test it there, I get jumbled text in the SL block - see attachments.

Anyone have any ideas or know what's going on? I don't have SCORM Cloud to test either the Rise or SL package, but I'm trying to get access.

Thanks,

Denise

10 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Denise,

You can set up a SCORM Cloud account for free here. Until you test it out in SCORM Cloud, it's hard to know whether the problem is coming from the course or from your LMS.

Here's an article that walks you through how to test your course on SCORM Cloud.

If it works correctly on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is coming from the LMS and you'll need to talk to your provider.

If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is likely coming from the course itself. If that's the case, please reach out to our support team.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Matthew Smith

Hey Denise,

Did you solve this issue? I'm having the same problem but only in Internet Explorer. The first time I view the Storyline block on a RISE page it looks fine. If I then go to the next page and then come back again it looks jumbled much like your screenshots you shared.

I've tested it on SCORM cloud and get the same problem.

Thanks

Matt

Matthew Smith

I've figured out that if I publish with the classic player instead of the modern, I can set it to publish with Flash > HTML5, that fixes the font issue. However, the new problem is that as soon as I open the RISE page with the Storyline block, it automatically scrolls down to that block, missing out all the content above.