Importing translation files

Mar 03, 2022

Hello,

I exported the xliff file from the original course and had it translated. I then realised that I can't upload the translated xliff file from the original course to a duplicated course.

I exported a xliff file from the duplicated course and asked the translation agency to transfer the translations into that xliff file. I then tried uploading  the xliff file to the duplicated course, but that didn't work. I get the 'import failed' message.

Could anyone please help me out? Thank you!

Best wishes,

rosa

1 Reply
Christopher Santos

Hi Rosa,

You'll always want to create duplicates of your course and export the XLIFF file from each duplicate you need to translate. We talk more about that in this help guide. When your translation company transferred their work into the new XLIFF file, there still may have been something connecting it to the original version.

We'd love to have one of our support engineers investigate this translation issue further. Please reach out to us here and include the duplicate course's XLIFF file and the translation company's XLIFF file you are trying to import. Our engineers are ready to help.

Best regards,

Chris S.