Is Rise the one for the job?

Feb 21, 2018

I have a module with 6 sub-categories, each of which are big enough to be their own modules. Should I create these as 6 Rise courses or should I be using Storyline?
Any tips on how to make this flow and be most user friendly would be greatly appreciated!

Raff

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Welcome to the community, Raff! Really glad you've joined us!

You've asked a great question. The short answer is, it's really up to you! Both Rise and Storyline 360 are powerful tools, each with their own benefits. 

Rise is an excellent choice for most e-learning courses because you can quickly and easily create beautiful content that will truly wow your learners. What's more, the content will be inherently responsive, meaning it will automatically adapt to every screen size and orientation. If you're looking to save time and build the course quickly (without sacrificing design, of course), Rise might be the choice for you.

Storyline 360 is perfect if you're looking to build a more immersive learning experience. If decision-making scenarios and custom interactions are what you had in mind, Storyline would be your best bet. You can either start with a blank canvas and design the course from scratch, or use our eye-catching Content Library Templates designed by the industry’s leading course designers. And just like Rise, Storyline 360 courses look great on tablets and smartphones, thanks to the responsive player. 

If you'd like to learn more about both tools, check out this article by our Community Team: How Pros Use Rise and Storyline 360

Now it's the community's turn: Which tool do you think would be best for Raff to use?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.