Is there a way to eliminate the launch arrows for MP4 files?

Mar 08, 2021

Is there a way to eliminate the launch arrows in Rise when an embedded Storyline block has a MP4 file in it? Even though I have set my Rise course to "Non-text blocks will animate into view as the learner scrolls," the launch arrows appear and my client doesn't like them. Other Storyline blocks will start playing as soon as the user scrolls to them, but if there is an MP4 file the launch arrows always appear. I have tried putting static content ahead of the MP4 file so it isn't right at the start of the file and I have played around with timeline triggers to launch the video a few seconds into the file, but it seems like as long as there is MP4 anywhere in the file, the arrows appear. Is there anything I can do?

4 Replies
Lea Agato

Hello Joe! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the play button on your Storyline block in Rise. Thanks for sharing the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. We'd love to take a closer look at this issue.  Would you mind sharing your Storyline course here.  We'll let you know what we find out after we've finished reviewing your file. Thanks!

Joe Loree

Thanks, I finally figured out that Storyline automatically adds a launch arrow whenever you have media in the first slide. In subsequent slides, media will play as soon as the timeline starts (if you set it up that way). I just started adding a static first slide with instructions to click something. The click point is a trigger that jumps to the next slide, and then the media starts playing. Since "click to start" seems to be required, I can at least control what the design of the launch screen looks like. So we're good.