Issues with special characters in Rise SCORM manifest?

When we publish French language courses in Rise our LMS (D2L Brightspace) isn't able to read the manifest of the SCORM package that we publish (publishing the SCORM package as xAPI). This only happens with French language courses and we suspected that it might be caused by different accents and special characters used in French, but when we remove those characters from the course and module titles (which both appear in the manifest) it still doesn't fix the problem.

Strangely enough, the problem is fixed if we just re-zip the SCORM package.

This is also a new problem, so I'm wondering if it was triggered by a recent update to Rise, as similar French language courses we've published in the past always worked just fine on our LMS.

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Luke! Thanks for letting us know what's going on!

Have you done any testing in SCORM Cloud yet?  If so, are you getting the same results? We generally compare the behavior in SCORM Cloud to your LMS experience to try to parse out Rise 360 issues versus LMS issues.  
 
I see you worked with my teammate, John Carlo, in a case recently. Feel free to send your published output file directly to him, and we can help you with that testing!
Luke Henderson

Hi all, 

Thanks for your responses.

Due to the size of the package we are unable to test in SCORM cloud, currently we are working with D2L they believe its more to do with the compression method then the manifest. We are waiting on more details and have asked for any evidence which may be useful to you.

At one point we removed all of the videos from the file (to get the SCORM package small enough to be able to test on SCORM cloud....leaving all other elements of the file the same) and it worked fine.