Labeled Graphic Traveling Hotspots

Feb 01, 2018

Hello there!

I'm having an issue where when I preview a Labeled Graphic in Rise Preview or Articulate Review, the hotspots will move based on the device used.

• When in Rise Preview mode, using the different devices like tablet, phone, or PC move the hotspots.
  • When in Articulate Review, the hotspots move when I look at the course on a Samsung phone, Nexus 6, or PC. 

PC is the only format that shows the hotspots where they should be for a Labeled Graphic. 

Any ideas? 

5 Replies
Katie Riggio

Welcome to the community, Lawrence 👋

I can't say I've seen or heard of this issue before, but I'm happy to help investigate this for you.

I created a sample Rise course where I have a marker hotspot positioned right on the kayaker on the left and another on the land ahead. Here is the course published in Articulate Review, and here is the share link to preview it. I tested both of those links on a Samsung Galaxy S6, MacBook Pro, and an iPhone 7 – in which my markers are in their correct positions. I'm curious to hear what you see on your end!

For next steps:

• Are you able to share a Peek recording of the behavior with me?
  • You mention the markers move when viewing in preview mode – can I confirm if you mean through the shareable preview link or after clicking the Preview button when you're editing the course?

I'll be standing by!

Xtreme Lashes by Jo Mousselli

Thanks for the warm welcome and attempt at troubleshooting!

I think I see what's going on now that I tried your example with fixed objects in it. The hotspots are in the correct location, but the image they're on shrinks so much that the button is overlapping part of the image that it typically sits beneath when building the course on PC. 

Any tips on placing hotspots so that the responsiveness of the player does not make the hotspot cover important parts in your image?

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Lawrence,

Your description of what you are experiencing makes more sense now. I can see how that could be troublesome with detailed images perhaps.

Are you checking out how the course may look in different environments when previewing:

Desktop, Tablet Portrait, Tablet Landscape, MobilePortrait, and Mobile Landscape are available to you when you Preview within Rise.

Xtreme Lashes by Jo Mousselli

Yep! So it looks like I'll have to use the previews to ensure the hotspots are staying in the relevant spots whether it's a phone or computer. 

For images that have a lot going on with very specific locations, would you recommend me creating the hotspots in Storyline 360 and plugging in the storyline project into the Rise project? Would that keep the hotspots exactly where they're placed? 

Thanks in advance!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.