Mark a Rise Course Complete Without completing last lesson

Jun 03, 2019

Is there a way to indicate a course is complete in Rise even though the last lesson was not viewed?  i.e. I have 9 lessons but the last one is legal copyright verbiage.  I want it at the end, but want the course showing complete as of lesson 8.

Is  this possible?

13 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Marianne!

The Percent Complete progress meter in the left course menu will include all lessons, but it sounds like you need a way to remove the final lesson from the overall lesson count. I'll be sure our team gets your feature request!

In the meantime, I would recommend decreasing the completion percentage when you export the course for LMS. 

Karl Muller

If you are using "Track using course completion" with a percentage what you want to do is not achievable. 

I have the same problem with all of our courses. One Lesson in each course is informational in nature, and we don't care if the learner views that lesson or not.

We had our course completion set to 100% and then tried lowering the percentage to take this circumstance into account.  

However, the problem with that approach is that if the learner completes the Lesson that you don't want to count, the course status could flip to completed even though they may not have completed a Lesson with actual content.

So to ensure that all learning content was viewed, we had to switch back to "Track using course completion" with a percentage of 100%.

The only way this scenario could work is if Rise allowed you to exclude a specific Lesson from being counted towards course completion, but that is currently not possible. 

Allison LaMotte

Hi Marianne,

Karl is correct, there's no way to specify required and optional parts of the course, so if you set your passing percentage to less than 100% learners may receive a status of complete without viewing all the "required" sections. 

If that solution doesn't work for you, it'd be great if you could take the time to log a feature request and tell us more about your specific needs.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.