Multiple Blocks deleted in error

Jul 12, 2018

I was showing a Rise course and accidentally deleted 2 blocks in error. I see you can undo the most previous one but I can’t get the other back. It had hours of work with labels, audio and images and it’s completely gone. Can I restore to a previous version? 

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Leasha Carey

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Leasha, 

Rise updates in real time, so any changes you make such as deleting a block or parts of a lesson you'll see take effect immediately. There is a Deleted Courses folder, but that's for a full course, not an individual lesson. The undo option will only appear for the most recent delete of a lesson or block. 

I know a few other folks have hit this same roadblock, so our team is looking into other features we could add to help bring back that content, especially in a circumstance where it was deleted by accident. I included this discussion in that feature idea we're tracking, so I'll let you know here as soon as I have more info! 

Allison LaMotte

Hi Danie,

When you delete a block you have a few seconds to undo this action. You will see Undo appear in the bottom left corner of your lesson.

If you don’t click Undo before it disappears there isn’t any other way to get the deleted block back.

If you have any more questions please reach out - I’d be happy to help!

Alyssa Gomez
Hi everyone! We've improved the visibility and functionality of the undo notification that appears when you delete blocks.

The new undo notification appears for 12 seconds with a timer indicator. If you need longer than 12 seconds, hover your mouse over the notification to pause the timer. You'll also see multiple notifications when more than one block is deleted.

Let us know if you have any questions about this enhancement!