Multiple languages in one course

Jul 24, 2019

Is it possible to include several languages in one course or do I have to create a separate course for each language? I can do this in Storyline by creating a separate scene for each language but don't see how it's possible in Rise. Maybe this is documented somewhere but I couldn't find it.

31 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi Articulate 01,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm happy to jump in here to help point you in the right direction. It looks like Lea designed their sample course using button blocks. This article should help you get started:

Is there a specific part of the course you're having trouble with? If so, please let us know here or privately in a support case, and we'll be happy to assist you! 

Articulate 01

I create a multiple language in one course by using a button stack. But I got some trouble, the first one my course show a progression percentage like a If I entry a Thai language course (via. button stack)  but another language didn't take they will display at 50% complete course but I don't want to show about a progression. Can you help me how to solve it 

Steven Benassi

Hi Articulate 01!

Thanks for the feedback and clarifying how you would like to use button blocks in your Rise 360 course. I'd be happy to offer some insight!

I just had a follow-up question first:

• Are you trying to have the progress bar show up only for the Thai language block but not the other languages?

If so, currently, there isn’t a way to remove the progress bar without disabling the sidebar or implementing a theme like Apex.

Please let me know if you have any more questions! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Loredana Marchetti

Hi Alex,

I have experienced the following options:

1. Create multiple rise courses (one for each language) and after exporting each scorm incorporate them in one unique folder. Through an html file (usually the LMS provider should be able to help you) the LMS will read the codes and address the learner according to their language selection in the tool. --> with this option learners should be able to access the course even if they are offline – if the LMS has this option.
2. Create multiple rise courses (one for each language) and the incorporate all of them in one unique rise course through buttons. You will have a button linked to the url of the course that will address the learner. --> with this option the learners must be connected to a network to be able to access the courses.

I’m not technically proficient but I can guarantee you that both options are feasible 😊
Always hoping that Raise could allow soon to have multiple language courses!