NEW IN RISE: Faster Authoring

Oct 16, 2018

Creating content in Rise just got even easier.

We’ve rolled out a new shortcut bar that makes it a cinch to add your favorite blocks to lessons quickly. And with all the prebuilt lesson types available as blocks, you have more flexibility to mix and match block types to create beautiful custom lessons. You can also convert your existing prebuilt lessons into blocks to give your courses a refresh.

Learn more about these cool new features:

We hope you’ll love how these features let you create gorgeous responsive content faster than ever.

67 Replies
Stuart Coombe

Thanks for the quick reply Kelly! 

Just to confirm - the functionality to directly add content that you have already uploaded into Articulate Review - without downloading it and then re-uploading it, again, as an MP4 - is no longer supported? A knock on question: will this affect any of my current Rise courses that still use video content which is only held in Articulate Review? - i.e. video that I have not uploaded as MP4s directly within blocks, but instead used as the now defunct "video only content pages" elements? Hope that makes sense! Thanks again for your help.

Martika Cox

Hi Beverly,

Sorry that you’re having some trouble. Let’s see if we can get you going.

Here’s a quick Peek video demonstrating a simple way to add a paragraph block before a video block in a Rise lesson.

Click here for more information on how to use blocks in Rise for faster authoring.

If you run into any more roadblocks please reach out - I’d be happy to help.

Allison LaMotte

Hi Alphonso,

I'm sorry you're having trouble here.

Can you answer a couple of questions for me so I can get a better picture of what's going on here?

1. Are you're logged into Rise in Edit mode?
  2. What kind of lesson are you trying to convert to a blocks lesson?

If you can attach a screenshot or create a short screencast using Peek, for example, that would help me get to the bottom of this issue. Thanks!

Kelly Meeker

Hi Drew! Irina is correct - the chart and scenario blocks are coming soon. You can keep up with the latest on the what's new page

Andrew, this feature will only show up with lessons you created using the previous prebuilt lesson block feature. This feature will give you the ability to convert a prebuilt lesson to a blocks lesson. If you don't need to do that, you won't need this feature! 

Drew Everett

From what I can deduct, Processes use to be their own lesson type and now they are included in the main Blocks library. So, if you have any Lesson Types that are strictly Processes then you'll have the option to convert them to Blocks if you want, which would allow you to add any other content type (Block type) into that Lesson alongside the Process you originally created. Make sense? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.