older scorm rise packages not completing (SCORM technical question)

Jan 02, 2024

I have a client reporting their older rise packages aren't completing properly. I didn't author the content, and as best I can tell the person who did no longer owns Articulate, so the source material isn't available.

The cmi.suspend_data is reporting as {"v":1,"d", so it's an older package.

The cmi.core.exit always gets set to suspend, but the cmi.core.lesson_status is set to completed and a cmi.core.total_time is set - so I know that the learner is completing the content. The LMS doesn't recognise the lesson_status until the core.exit is set past suspend, so I'm having to look at the raw data when necessary. I recall in older Rise packages that you used have to enable the 'exit course' button and the learners would have to press it in order for the course to exit cleanly, but that's not how these courses are created. 

Over time these courses will have to be updated/replaced and will be rebuilt and the problem will go away, but in the meantime is there a hack/edit I can do to the course to help it complete properly (e.g. editing something into the coursedata or swapping in a newer javascript engine?) What hacks/tricks have people pulled to get around older package completion issues?

Be the first to reply