Ongoing issues inserting Storyline block into Rise

Dec 18, 2023

hi 

Last year i had an issue inserting a storyline block into Rise. it was resolved, but has resurfaced. I am signed into Rise. Having published via Storyline I cannot insert the block into Rise, it does not show up as being published despite various attempts and switching web browsers.

thanks

joel 

14 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi Joel! 👋

Thanks so much for reaching out! 

I have a few quick questions to better understand your setup. 

One quick tip in Review 360: ensure that you have Editor permissions to any courses in team folders, and you are not the owner. 

• You mentioned that this Storyline Block interaction used to work. Are you able to insert the older version of the Storyline Block interaction into your course? What do you see if you attempt to add this? 

If you're still running into this issue, feel free to share your .story file in this thread or privately in a support case so we can double-check your Storyline file! 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

joel colley

Hi. I've published via Storyline to Review 360. Did it again this morning 3 times. Tried inserting an older storyline block from a year ago, it just states its attempting to insert template but doesn't work. 

Having published to review 360, i can see the course in my private folder. Tried again to insert the block to no avail.  I hadn't yet created a teams folder for it so went ahead and did that, then moved the course into it. Tried again to insert the block, didn't work. Unsure how to apply your suggestion of "ensure that you have Editor permissions to any courses in team folders, and you are not the owner. " Also unsure on the rationale for this. 

Project file attached. 

Lauren Connelly

Hi joel!

Thank you so much for sharing the .story file! I tested the file on my end by publishing it to Review 360 and then added it to a Storyline block in a Rise 360 course. It worked as expected on my end. Here's a screenshot of the display! Have you tried adding the Storyline block to a new Rise 360 course? This would help narrow down if the issue is in the Rise 360 course.

Angelo Cruz

Hi Joel! The email should be coming from the sender "support@articulate.com".

Can you check your Spam or Junk mail folder as well, just in case it landed there instead of your Inbox? If it did, you may want to reach out to your I.T. to make sure support@articulate.com is added to your organization's allowed list.

I'll ask Phil to resend the email just in case it got lost somewhere.

Steven Benassi

Hi Joel!

So sorry to hear that e-mails from Articulate support are not being received!

I've just updated your support case with the feedback you shared so Philam can be notified. As Angelo shared, it may be helpful to consult with your IT team to ensure all Articulate domains have been added to your company's 'Allowlist'. 

joel colley

Hi

In consult with my IT dept, i think we've resolved the issue. As I was operating from a hardwired network connection this may have come with additional security measures that impacted my connection to the Articulate website and blocked my receipt of emails from Articulate Support. I'm now operating from a wifi connection and the Articulate site is working fine at the moment. I've also found some emails from Articulate support.

thanks
joel