Opacity problem in Rise

Hi,

We have just had a user point out to us that in several of places where we have placed text over an image, that it is unreadable because it is essentially displaying as white on white. We have been working in Chrome and it looked fine in our preview, but because of this feedback we have now discovered that it previews completely differently in Microsoft Edge.

Here's an example of what we mean, with screenshots of the same lesson in the two browsers:

Chrome:

Microsoft Edge:

Can this be fixed? There is also no option to adjust opacity or text colour on the above block (Quote on image), and it will be difficult to optimize the content for both browsers if it means previewing in two different places to get an overview of how it will appear to a user. Help!

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Cam,

Thanks for sharing the two examples here. I know I've seen it at least once before - but the odd part is that it seems image specific. We've got it reported to our QA team, but I'd love to get a copy of your image if you can share it! That way our team can use that example for testing too. 

Thanks! 

SMART Majority

Hey Ashley, 

thanks for the update. I have attached the image here. That being said, we have found it on different images too, all on light backgrounds. I have attached two photos that have had the same issue. Both images were used for quotes.

Thanks so much!

Ruth Mahoney

Hello,

I have the same issue with the text disappearing when over an image using the Quote and text block. It views fine in Chrome but looks unreadable in IEv11, both are the latest version of web browser. Can you advise if there is a fix for this please?

Thanks

Ruth