Open Rise links in a floating window

Nov 26, 2019

Hello everyone!

I am calling all advanced Rise users out there to see if anyone has figured out how to actually find their content in the HTML output.

I want to open hyperlinks inside of my Rise in floating windows rather than what most browsers default to, which is a new tab. A floating window over the top of the Rise course makes more sense so the user can easily return to the Rise. I simply cannot find any way to edit the underlying code to do this. I know I can't do it from the URL input in Rise, since it only allows http(s)://www.xxxx.com and builds its own parameters when the course is launched.

Has anyone found out how to edit this behavior, or actually found where the actual URL is inside the output? I can see the href for the URL if I inspect the course after I open it, but I cannot find it anywhere before the course is loaded, in the index.html, any of the .css files, or any of the .js files. 

Also, I cannot find any of the text I typed in the entire course - so I can't even locate the code that way.

Thanks for any help you might have!

2 Replies