Polling In Rise?

Aug 25, 2017

Hi All, 

I was wondering if anyone has an elegant solution for polling within a Rise course? The Knowledge Check and Quiz features don't work well as the KC can be taken again and again and the Quiz requires a 'right' and 'wrong' answer and then displays your percentage at the end.

At the moment I'm embedding a Google Form, however, this is also imperfect as I am unable to limit number of responses (this functionality is contingent on logging in to Google). 

Any creative fixes out there? 

38 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Happy to help you, Dorota!

First, insert a multimedia embed block. Click the Edit button, then click Change. Now you'll see a field where you can insert an iFrame code.

Use the formula <iframe src="URL"></iframe>. Just replace URL with the link for the Poll Everywhere content you want to embed.

Let me know how it goes!

JR Dingwall

Has there been any progress on this?

PollEverywhere is an Embedly content provider which the Articulate support page states should work seemlessly. Attempting to either put https://PollEv.com/surveys/V4Vrqibzou3vTWFjpVVAs/respond or <iframe src="https://PollEv.com/surveys/V4Vrqibzou3vTWFjpVVAs/respond"></iframe> returns an error asking for a "valid URL".  

JR Dingwall

Well now that's confusing, but makes me hopeful it'll work. Still not working on my end with <iframe src="https://PollEv.com/surveys/V4Vrqibzou3vTWFjpVVAs/respond"></iframe>

Mac OS 10.14 on any of the following: Chrome v78.0.3904.97, Safari v13.0.3, or Firefox v70.0. I've attached an image of the attempt.

Thanks for your help

Adrian Tam

I'm a new Articulate user wondering if any clear instructions exist for how to build social polling into a Rise or Storyline lesson. I'd like to know if it's a smooth process or an aggravation and best to avoid for a beginner. I've seen some branching scenario examples on Elucidat where users make choices in the scenario and then see how many other people answered the way they did. Is there a clear way to do this in Articulate products? 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Adrian. Welcome to Articulate 360!

Since each person's experience with a course made with Rise 360 or Storyline 360 is a 1-to-1 interaction with the content, you'd need to embed a 3rd party polling tool to allow them to see polling results.

Does anyone in the community have a favorite polling tool they use that has worked well embedded in your Rise 360 (or Storyline!) lesson?

IT Econometrica

Subscribing to this thread, because polling is what I've been calling the "missing feature" of tools like Captivate and Rise for a while now.

I used to use a phenomenal little embeddable polling platform called Wedgies, but they were bought out by another company and the service utterly vanished.

I've spent a fair amount of time looking for a viable alternative, but there are very few services that are embeddable, unlimited, and attractive with white label branding options without also costing a fortune (if you know otherwise, PLEASE share). About the best compromise that I've found is poll-maker.com, but I don't love it.

In the meantime, I've begun hosting a Wordpress integration called TotalPoll from TotalSuite.net. The license is pretty affordable, and you need to have a mild amount of technical savvy to get everything situated. This allows me to create, manage, embed, and monitor my own polls for use in Articulate Rise projects as an iframe. Here's an example of what it looks like in action.Polling solution

Anna Gorshkova

Has anyone had trouble viewing embedded Excel Forms in mobile format?  When I embed an Excel Form and open up the Rise training on the computer, it works perfectly.

However, when I'm on my phone, rather than seeing the form itself I see the symbol for Excel Forms and have to open it in a separate window.  Are there any solutions for this?

Thank you! 

Anna