Problem with Rise Quiz Interaction ID Length

Aug 12, 2021

Hi, I wonder if anyone has come across this issue.

When we create Rise quizzes with long questions, it throws an error on our LMS and will not record completion.

Our developer has told us that our LMS has a database limit set of 128 characters for interaction IDs. They are not keen to changes this as feel the format of the interaction identifier becomes less meaningful if it is excessively long.

The assessments we are creating are for clinicians and by their nature, the questions are often lengthy and do not lend themselves to being shortened.

Is there a way that we can shorten the Interaction IDs in quiz questions either pre or post publishing?

I am attaching a file which has this issue. Any ideas would be really appreciated. Also, this seems to be a new issue as we have some live assessments with long questions which do not seem to be causing a problem.

Thank you!

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Susan! Thanks for including those helpful details. 

The SCORM 1.2 specifications say that the Interaction ID is a CMIIdentifier which has a max length of 255 characters. 

Considering you're creating courses for the healthcare industry, I can understand why you would need more than 128 characters. Rise 360 supports the SCORM 1.2 specification max length of 255 characters, so your LMS would want to increase their database limit to 255 characters to adhere to the standard if that's an option.