Rise: Quiz_Reporting_Interaction ID

Sep 26, 2019

I wanted to report that the Rise Quiz feature uses the first few characters of the question text as the interaction ID. So on the reporting, if they are not unique, the reporting in your LMS will group the question specific detail into one question.  

Be sure to keep the interaction IDs or the first part of the questions unique. 

Thanks!

7 Replies
Tom Copping

Hi Alyssa and Elizabeth,

Do you have an update regarding this please? We're experiencing a similar issue with our LMS throwing up an error on a quiz. We've since found this article and noticed the start of our questions were not unique. We are just running some tests now but believe this is likely to be the issue.

Hoping you can shed some more light on this, does the Rise Quiz feature still use the first few characters as interaction id?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Tom!

Rise 360 question IDs are generated using the first 230 characters of the question text. If you have two or more questions that begin with the same 230 characters of text, the question IDs would be identical.

If your quiz questions don't have 230 characters of the same text and you're still getting an error, can you please share more details about your quiz by opening a case? Our team would be happy to take a closer look!

Designer de Aprendizagem

Hello. Speaking here from Brazil. I would like to contribute to the discussion by saying that I have made use of software that allows you to customize the identifiers. Not only of the questions, but also of each interaction "module" (the content blocks). This may be a path to consider in Rise. It allows institutions to use standardized identifiers according to their own management specifications.