Problem with the text/format when Google Translate activates automatically

Jan 31, 2024

Dear team,
By chance, my colleague discovered the following yesterday:

My colleague was recording our courses and called me after a while, somewhat distraught. Google Translate had apparently activated and translated the content. However, our course was already in German, yet it recognized English and tried to translate it. The end result was not really German sentences.

My question now is: can this problem be fixed? After all, it's not ideal for our customers if something is automatically translated incorrectly.

Is there already a procedure here?
Much of our content on the subject of diversity etc. is in German and may be translated into English anyway.

3 Replies
Diversity Campus

Um, but if I do it manually and not automatically, I get the same effect.
And normally a German text is displayed in English, and an English text in German if I have it translated automatically. In this case, however, I get the respective German text in both English and German, but in a different way.

I don't think it's just a problem with Google Translate, is it?

Jose Tansengco

Hello Diversity Campus,

Can I ask if you've tried replicating this behavior using other browsers that have an auto-translate feature? If this issue is only happening when your course is viewed on a specific browser, the issue might be with how that particular browser is detecting texts for translation.

If this is happening on multiple browsers, please share a link to your course here for testing.