Translated step label in Process component

Aug 17, 2023

Hello community!

Our team creates localized German Rise modules based on our English content. After we imported the translated Xliff into Rise, I noticed the step labels for the Process components still contained the English text from the original module. To get the German translation to appear, I had to delete the text that appeared in the label.

Do you have any idea why the English text still appeared in the step label after importing the translated Xliff? My expectation is that the translated Xliff would replace the English text with the German translation. Thanks!

6 Replies
Emily Cayrac

Thanks for the reply, Alyssa.

I'm confused because the step label wasn't automatically adjusted after importing the translated Xliff into the German Rise module. Do you know why this happened? Or do we need to manually adjust the translation by changing the step label following the steps you've outlined?

Chino Navarro

Hi Emily,

There are two XLIFF files in Rise 360. One is for the text in the course and the other one is for the labels in the course. The Process block's step label is part of the label set of the course. You can view the labels by clicking on Settings and clicking on the Labels tab.

You can either choose one of the built-in translated label sets or upload an XLIFF file.

Thank you and let me know if you have any questions about this. 

Emily Cayrac

Hi Chino, thank you for your reply.

I'm aware of the two different Xliffs. We already use a translated customized label set to translate "Step" into German for our courses. In this case, the step label was a translation specific to the course, so I expected the label to be updated when we imported the translated Xliff into the course.

Lea Agato

Hi Emily,

Thanks for letting us know you're seeing this issue when translating the step label of your course. Since the step labels are currently not visible when you export the translation file, you'll need to translate the labels manually. I'm really sorry if this is slowing you down.

We have this documented as a possible software bug and we'll let you know here as soon as we have updates regarding this issue!