Problems saving progress inside a unit in Rise

Jan 12, 2021

Hi! I have a rare problem as one of our courses doesn't save properly the progress inside the unit. I mean: the circles that you see growing and complete as you read all the content doesn't seem to work. When I quit the course and come back, the progress -the circles completed- has been lost.

Have you seen this before? Do you have any solution?

Thank you very much in advance!

5 Replies
Anna Maria Olivé Compte

Hello, 

More details about the bug... We have checked it again and we find that, even completing the course and having all the circles with the check signal of "done", when you leave and come back, only some of the circles with the check of completed remain... as if you haven't done them all.

This problem is a new one. The same course worked well before and some other courses, exported for LMS before, work well.

So, it seems that there has been a failure in the recent update of Rise and now it doesn`t work.

We would appreciate a rapid response as this courses are currently in use and students are starting to report this failure.

Thank you very much in advance!

Anna Maria Olivé Compte

Hello!!

Further info!! We have checked this happens with quite large courses.

Here I send you two images. The first one is the image of the menu when we end the course, with all the units checked as done... the second one is the image of the same course after leaving and returning to the course: you see the advance has been lost, some units aren't marked.

Thank you!

Lea Agato

Hi Anne, thanks for sharing your updates! It is possible that your course may be exceeding the SCORM Suspend Data Limits which is causing the incorrect progress to be recorded.  This article explains this in detail and includes recommended solutions.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, please feel free to submit a new case here and our customer support engineers will work with you directly on this issue.