Question: Authoring in Rise, publishing on LearnDash LMS

Mar 10, 2017

Has anybody done this yet? I love both tools, but am hesitant to pull the trigger and purchase if they aren't compatible. If they're not, does anyone know of a cloud-based LMS that is compatible with Rise-authored courses? I'm looking for an LMS with testing features, badges and printable certificates. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,

Leila

12 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Leila,

I don't know a lot about LearnDash, but if you're using the trial of Articulate 360, go ahead and export out the Rise course for LMS and then upload there. Give it a full test run to see how it behaves! 

Also, we typically recommend SCORM Cloud as a LMS testing platform, but they also have the ability to host and deploy courses as a regular LMS so you may want to investigate that as well. Here's a good article about testing at SCORM Cloud to get you started - and that would be a good tool to use as a comparison with your LearnDash testing as well. 

Karin Sandberg

OK, I'm a beginner so some of this is completely new to me. I've exported my course out of RISE, but what do I need to do with all the files it creates? You say upload there, but I'm not sure what exactly needs to be uploaded--the whole folder?

We are using Teachable as an LMS and they don't have any info for uploading an entire course.

Hi Karin,

Yup - the entire folder will need to be uploaded to your LMS or web server to play the Rise course. Do they have directions on how to upload SCORM Files? That is what most Learning Management Systems (LMS) use, and you can export from Rise for SCORM 1.2 or 2004.

I did a quick search of their site and didn't find any articles on it. Do they have a support team you could reach out to, or an admin who is in charge of your Teachable account?

I saw that one, Karin! 😕 Sorry that Teachable won't work out for you. 

Any  Learning Management System (LMS) that's SCORM, AICC complaint (and soon Tin Can xAPI will be released) will work with Rise courses. I don't have a specific recommendation as there are so many different LMSs out there! Some common ones I see others discussing in the E-Learning Heroes community are: Moodle, Blackboard, SuccessFactors, Saba, Desire2Learn, etc. My team uses SCORM Cloud as a testing platform, based on it being a leading SCORM standard.

Do you want to share some specifics and/or requirements that you need in an LMS, and then others in the community can share their expertise?

Hi Elvira,

I don't know if Richard is still subscribed here, as the post is a couple months older - but you could always use the "contact me" button on a ELH users' profile to reach out to them directly! 

Also, you are welcome to use the Rise export options to test how it'll display in your LMS even if you're currently using the trial version. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.