Question-level LMS tracking in Rise

May 04, 2018

Hi. I'm pretty sure the following is not currently possible, but I wanted to ask the question just to make certain...

I am using a Storyline block in a Rise course. The Storyline block includes several questions. I would like to see how the learner responds to the questions. This is important because they're the part of the course evaluation, and we need to see what they thought of the course.

I am tracking completion using the Storyline block.

Will Rise report how the learner responded to the individual questions?

Is this the functionality that is supposed to be released within the next month?

Thanks,

chris

36 Replies
Andi Baes

Hi team, I've uploaded an Articulate Rise quiz to Tin Canny and embedded the file to a LearnDash Quiz Page (rather than embedding it in a Lesson.)

However, it is not tracking the completion of the quiz at all. I have tried exporting the file to SCORM and TinCan but still not luck. Can you please advice if this is actually possible or if this would only work within lessons? or Would I be better off using Grassblade rather than TinCanny?

Thanks

sam lee

Saw in the article that details from a Storyline block are still not able to be reported to LMS. Is there an update on whether and when this will be added to a future update? We would like to use Storyline blocks to add some survey questions to existing Rise courses, but currently are not able to get reports on responses. I know that we can imbed surveys from a third-party tool but would rather not do this. Any news on progress would be greatly appreciated.

On a related note, is there a possibility of having survey question types added in addition to knowledge checks as blocks in Rise?

Marcia Franklin

Hello,

I have a Rise course with 3 individual questions peppered throughout and I need them to report to an LMS. I thought that building these questions in SL blocks and adding them into Rise would enable me to track responses, but it sounds like that won't be the case. Two of the questions are short answer, and the third is a "pick one"/multiple choice. (All are survey-style questions with no correct answer.) What are my options for tracking responses to these three questions in the LMS?

Jean-Guy  Boulay

It's been awhile, but I'll try. When you publish your project to SCORM 2004 you will have a 'scormdriver' folder. Look for the scormdriver.js. Search the content for 'SCORM2004_RecordInteraction' and copy the whole line.
Now in Storyline create a execute javascript on both the incorrect and correct layers of the question, and add the following two lines in the script:
/*Get player to reference*/
var player = GetPlayer();

/*get LMS API*/
var lmsAPI = parent; //this could be different now, but should work.

Then paste in the SCORM2004_RecordInteraction line prefixed by the lmsAPI. It might be different now so grab it from the Rise scormdriver.
"lmsAPI.SCORM2004_RecordInteraction(strID, strResponse, blnCorrect, strCorrectResponse, strDescription, intWeighting, intLatency, strLearningObjectiveID, dtmTime, SCORM2004InteractionType)"

Then just add your Storyline block  to rise.

Scorm Cloud will record the interactions as objectives when run through registration links. You won't see anything recorded in admin mode so test it as if you were running it from a registration link sent out. This was about 3  years ago I tested this, so no gaurantee's.