Question on packaging as offline LMS

Jan 31, 2017

Please I would like to know if it is possible to package content for offline use and which export option is used for this

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ada,

Offline viewing of Rise courses is supported in Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Just download a Rise course as a web package, extract the zip file, then launch the index.html file.

Just keep in mind that embedded web content won't work offline unless you have an active internet connection.

If you look at testing your courses within Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge they block local playback of Rise courses altogether. You'll just see a blank page in these browsers. To use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, you'll need to upload your course to a web server.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Ada Molokwu

Dear Ashley

Thanks for your helpful comment. I need to explain the question better. I'm
checking for the export options we have for users who are not online-just a
learning product completely offline. The users of the product may not have
internet access so the zip file can be on a thumb drive or cd for instance.

I hope the question is clearer.

Thanks
Ada

Hi Ada, 

With Rise there isn't an option to publish to CD/local as you're used to with Storyline or Studio - but if you use the export for "No LMS-  Web only"  option and once you've got the files downloaded to your computer you can send that along to your offline users. Just make sure you give them all the files that are generated in the zip file. 

Rise courses can only be authored though through a web browser, so anyone whose using the Articulate 360 tools to author would need to have an internet connection to create courses. 

Hi JJF, and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community! 

Offline viewing is supported in Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Just download a Rise course as a web package, extract the zip file, then launch the index.html file.  

You asked about mobile devices, so I'm curious if your learners will be somewhere without internet?

iOS devices don't have a way to load the course into the local storage of the device, but I did see one community idea on how to load on an Android device. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.