Reset processing status in the course after reopening a successfully completed course - what is the reason for this?

Mar 18, 2021

Hello together,
I have a question:

1. I am taking a storyline- or rise e-learning course and meet the requirements for course completion (viewing the required number of slides or successfully completing a quiz). 
2. I drop out of the course > The result is correctly transmitted to the LMS.
3. Then I reopen the course, expecting to see the content at the stand I last left it. But what happens now is that it resets the content and I find myself back at the beginning of the course. The chapters I have already worked on are no longer marked as attended.

What is the reason for this? I have noticed this behavior with Storyline360 and Rise360 courses. Is there anything I can do to change this setting? My expectation would be that at any time I can return to the point where I last left/completed the course, or that I can choose to start over or continue the course at the last editing state.

Thank you and best regards
Marianna

1 Reply
Karl Muller

Hi Marianna,

Some Learning Management Systems are set up so that when a learner meets the requirements for course mastery, when that learner returns to the course, they will see the course in Review mode. In Review mode, the course will not show any information from previous sessions, just like you are describing. 

Our LMS is set up so that when a learner meets the requirements for course mastery, when they return to the course their previous progress is shown, and they are returned to the point in the course where they were last.