Retrieving a deleted block

Jun 04, 2019

Is there a way to retrieve a deleted block of text with image that was created in Rise?  

3 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Carol,

If you delete an entire lesson or a block item, you'll see an Undo button appear in the lower left corner of the screen for a few seconds. After that, there's no way to retrieve it. If you've lost a large amount of content, you can try reaching out to our Support Team to see if there's any way to retrieve it on the back end. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Sarah Bezanson

Adding to this question. I have noticed that if the connection is lost briefly or the laptop is closed for a moment, the last block automatically deletes immediately when the connection is restored. If you don't catch the (very very quick) window to undo it, the block is lost.

My least favourite thing in Rise is this. Blocks deleting and no way to get them back. The window and the subtle and overly-quick flash to be able to grab it back is not helpful when trying to build a course!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Sarah,

I'm really sorry to hear you've lost work. Any edits you make in Rise 360 while you have a good connection will be saved in real-time. However, if the connection is poor or lost without you realizing it, the edits you make during that time could be lost. 

If this happens to you often, we'll gladly take a closer look. You can send a sample course directly to our Support Engineers by clicking here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.