Rise 360: Multilanguage Support / Packaging

Apr 21, 2023

Hi Everyone,

A major pain point for us in Rise is that we can't create Multilanguage SCORM files, where the user selects the language at the start.

Theoretically it is possible to create separate SCORMs and package them together in a language selector wrapper outside the system. But we have not been successful in doing this and having it work in our LMS, Cornerstone.

For example: we have used this gentleman's code from Github, which offers a language selector wrapper. But we can't get it working.
https://github.com/skfriese/multi-lang-sco

Have any of you been successful in "wrapping" Rise SCORMs in a language selector?

Thank you!
Alex

2 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hi Alex! Thanks for reaching out.

I understand your concern about creating a multilanguage Rise course. Although a Rise course can be translated into different languages, there currently isn't a feature for a single Rise course to have multiple language options or create a multilanguage Scorm file.

We're currently tracking requests for an easier workflow when translating Rise courses to multiple languages. I'll add your voice to that request and I'll let you know if we make changes that will help.

For now, I'll leave the floor open to other community members to chime in with their experiences or suggestions when it comes to "wrapping" Rise Scorms in a language selector.