RISE 360 not publishing new version of course

Apr 14, 2020

Hi, I'm course manager for a RISE 360 course. I've made a few edits but the software does not allow me to publish a new version of the course - it want's me to create a new item which invalidates the review links we've sent to SMEs. I understand that the course will appear on the course owner's dashboard not mine but why does it not allow us to publish a new version on the same Review link? How can we work round this?

Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share!

We’ve just released an update for Review 360 which includes cool new features: 

New: Create shared team folders in Review 360 to organize your content, assign permissions, and invite collaborators. You can even allow multiple authors to publish new versions of a course to the same Review 360 project.

And because Review 360 is a web app, there's nothing to install! New features and fixes are available immediately.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!

17 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Stevi!

If you're a course manager, you'll only have the option to create a new item when publishing to Review 360, since the existing item isn't in your own Review 360 dashboard. You can only publish a new version of an existing course that exists on your own dashboard. 

I can understand how that functionality is challenging for your team, and your feedback is really helpful. We'll let you know if we make changes to collaborating in Review 360 in the future!

Tash Wagner

We are having so many issues with this as well!!! Having a course manager create a brand new link is resulting in us having multiple review modules in Review 360 with different links and the SME comments don't carry over. This has no value at all and is extremely frustrating! Why would you want a course manager to create a new review link if it doesn't update the previous one?

Can you please get this fixed? It's making things hard to handle when we have a team of designers.

Stevi Page

This is really frustrating - the course is a work in progress and needs multiple reviews by graphics, dev, QC, and SMEs. Different people are working on different modules but we want them all on the same Review dashboard. Why can't we just update the review link instead of publishing new ones? You're just creating work for the poor person who owns the courses as they have to keep cleaning old versions of the course out of the dashboard. It makes version control very difficult.

Please get this fixed as soon as possible. This is not making teamwork easier.

Micha Zocholl

What about several persons logging into the same machine with different articulate accounts? It was necessary, because it is a client's system. I logged on with the account the story was created with originally, however, I can't publish a new version of the story in Review 360 after someone else used another account on that computer. Is there a solution?

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Micha!

To publish Storyline 360 content to your own Review 360 dashboard, you'll have to be signed in to the Articulate 360 desktop app and to 360.articulate.com with the same email address. Here's how you can fix that:

• Sign out of both the 360 Desktop App and 360.articulate.com
  • Sign in to the 360 Desktop App using your Articulate ID and password.
  • Sign in to 360.articulate.com using that same Articulate ID and password.
  • Republish the Storyline content to Review 360.
  • In Rise 360, try adding the content to a Storyline Block.

Let us know how that goes!

Kathy LaMee

This is still super frustrating. Course managers should also be able to create a 'republish' to their dashboards. I've 60+ comments in a course, that is going through several review cycles. I'm having to export comments/feedback and work them offline, thereby losing the collaborative feature and point (IMO) of the Review tool. Would really love this to be solved in the future as it seems to be a consistent issue for many, many teams. 

Sam McKillop

This is really challenging for our team and has caused a LOT of confusion - even when we watched webinars etc. on Review 360, I feel like this is not really explained well.
If the course creator publishes to Review 360 and shares with experts for feedback, and I (as the course manager) go and action some changes, I can't publish a new version. This means that if we've sent the link to review to the subject matter expert, then we have to go and re-communicate the new link. It doesn't make a lot of sense and has the potential to cause a lot of frustration with multiple "versions" floating around! I would really like to see some movement on this, we were so excited for Review 360, but despite promoting collaboration, the reality for teams is really disappointing.

Angelica Lassalle

Echoing a lot of the comments here--my team and I would appreciate having the opportunity to retain the same link for a Rise 360 course that has been republished to Review 360. It would prevent stakeholder abrasion and allow more flexibility with our content maintenance as far as (1) having more than one team member (currently only the course owner) who can publish Rise course updates to the same Review 360 link and (2) not having to worry about versioning or duplication issues when requesting feedback from business partners. We have encountered a lot of confusion and frustration due to this issue lately and would appreciate any efforts towards getting this feature incorporated into the Rise 360 / Review 360 platforms. Thank you in advance for the consideration!

Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share!

We’ve just released an update for Review 360 which includes cool new features: 

New: Create shared team folders in Review 360 to organize your content, assign permissions, and invite collaborators. You can even allow multiple authors to publish new versions of a course to the same Review 360 project.

And because Review 360 is a web app, there's nothing to install! New features and fixes are available immediately.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!

Marie Hagan

This is a great step, and helps with a chunk of the related issues. It would be great to expand this concept to team folders in rise. I don't work in review- I work in rise, and use review to send to faculty to review before publishing in rise. My team doesn't work in review with us- we work in rise together, and use review to communicate to external clients. Having the folder is a step in the right direction, but doesn't match how we use it to collaborate. 

Angelica Lassalle

Thank you so much for the great news about this update! I have tested this feature out with someone on my team, and it works for us!

From Review 360, *course owners* can move Review 360 courses from their "Personal" folders to the "Team" folder (or subfolder). This results in the single Review 360 link whenever any *course manager* publishes an updated version to Review 360. The prerequisite is, anyone publishing a new update to Review 360 must be (1) a course manager for the course and (2) granted access to the "Team" folder (or subfolder) if they do not have access already (although it does appear the default access is for "Everyone" within the given Articulate 360 Team subscription to have "Editor" access). This has resolved the previous issues with multiple Review 360 links--thank you so much!