Rise 360 sharing and publishing by teammates

Feb 10, 2020

I want to make sure I understand all our options for sharing and publishing Rise files among our team. We have a Teams subscription. We are concerned about the times when the Owner may be out of the office and we need to update the Owner's course immediately and republish to our LMS. So far I see two options. Am I understanding the following information accurately? Are there any other options I'm missing?

1) A Course Owner can make all teammates Course Managers. A Course Manager can edit and republish the Owner's course. If they update it, the Course Owner's copy of the course would be updated on their account as well. (Is that part right?) However, if the Course Manager publishes the course to Review, only the Course Owner can see any feedback in Review; the Course Manager cannot, is that correct?

2) A Course Owner could use the SHARE feature to share a Rise course with all teammates. Those teammates would then have the ability to edit and publish that shared file. However, their edits would not automatically reflect in the Owner's account as they would each now own their own "copy" of the original file. This could be a little more tricky as far as version control. 

Am I understanding correctly? Any other options for this scenario? Thank you!

2 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Great questions, Katie! Before I dive in, I want to share this handy user guide with you: Rise 360: Work on a Course with Other Team Members. There you'll find all the details you need about collaborating on a course.

1. Everything you said in #1 is correct, except that you can add multiple Course Managers to collaborate on a course. You're not limited to one Course Manager.
  2. The course owner can Send a Copy to anyone who has Rise 360, including people outside your team. This will be an independent copy of the course, so any edits would not appear on the Owner's original course. 

This is different than the Share link, which is simply a link to use for course testing and review. You cannot make any edits to a course using the Share link. 

Let me know if that answers your questions!

Karl Muller
  • A Course Owner can do everything.
  • A Course Manager can do everything except edit labels, transfer ownership, and delete the course. When a course manager publishes a course to Review 360, it's published to the course owner's account rather than the course manager's account.
  • A Course Collaborator can edit the course but doesn’t have access to Settings, Share, Review, or Export.

Regarding item 2: I'm not sure what you mean by the SHARE feature. It sounds like you are referring to "Send a copy", which I would not recommend using for teams, as you would end up having several physical copies of the same course, and that is a nightmare situation as far as version control is concerned.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.