Rise and copying content across courses?

Jan 20, 2017

Hi all,

I'm loving the new Rise software, but I'm wondering if it is possible to copy blocks/lessons from one course into another course, and if so, how?  (Like in Storyline, you can import specific slides from other SL files into a new course, how is this handled?)  The only work-around I can see is making a duplicate of a course and then editing it, but what if you want to recombine and pull lessons across multiple courses?  Please advise.  Thanks!

28 Replies
Julie Pochik

Hello, in my case I have two courses, now my SME wants to combine the two courses in RISE 360 into one course. But, there is no copy and move an entire course into another course. Looks like I now need to move 15-20 blocks over :-( Is there an update for an entire course to be moved into another one?

Karl Muller

HI Julie,

Rise does not have a Merge course function.

You need to manually copy the Lessons from the source course to the destination course.

Open your Rise source course and find the Lesson that you want to copy to the destination course.

Move the cursor to the right of the EDIT CONTENT button for that Lesson.

Click on the three dots that appear.

A drop-down menu will open with the option to Copy to another course.

In the destination course, the Lesson that was just copied over will appear at the bottom of the list of Lessons. Move the Lesson to it's correct location.