Rise and Talent LMS Completion Errors

Nov 27, 2020

Hi Guys

Hope someone can help.

• I have courses in Rise which use a Storyline block as the completion method.
  • Published to Scorm 1.2
  • They complete as expected in Scorm cloud
  • They do not complete in Talent LMS
  • I cannot use Xapi (although that does work).

Has anyone run into this and does anyone have any advise on resolving the completion problem?

Thank you in advance

Harri 

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Harri and Calvin! Does the course contain an Exit Course button or link?

Some LMS's won't receive completion data unless you include an Exit Course link inside your Rise 360 course. Crystal shared more detail about that in her post here.

There are two ways you can add Exit Course functionality to your course:

1. Add a button block, and set the button destination to "Exit Course."
  2. Publish the course for LMS, and on the publishing screen, toggle the "Exit Course" link to ON.

Test the course again after adding the Exit Course button or link, and let me know if that resolves the issue!

Harri S

Hi Alyssa

Unfortunately my deadline to hand over to the client was Friday so your advise is a little late. However, I did arrive at that solution through a lot of searching and testing. 

The exit button on the course didn't work but adding a button on the page to exit the course did. I've asked Talent to investigate from their side as well.

Harri

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Harri!

Do you mean that you added an Exit Button from within TalentLMS? Also, does this problem seem to happen in Google Chrome?

Here are some details on why you're seeing this behavior:
Chrome has deprecated a technology that was used by many LMSs to allow a course to communicate back to the LMS when the course window is closed. If your LMS hasn't upgraded their system, or if you're using an older version of your LMS that doesn't include an update to address this change, the course cannot communicate progress or completion properly. This causes learners to start over from the beginning instead of resuming a course or recording completion after they close the browser window.

You may not have seen this problem in Storyline 360 courses because Storyline sends completion data differently than Rise 360 does. 

Harri S

Hi Alyssa

Nope I added a block in the Rise course with an exit button (in addition to the exit in the navigation).

It is frustrating that Rise doesn't send data in the same was as Storyline as it has caused some confusion amongst our learners. I might need to look at alternatives for creating mobile optmisied courses. 

Thank you 

Harri