rise audio

Aug 10, 2020

Hi can you get a content expert to add audio into your rise course directly if they don't have a 360 licence, without having to record outside of rise and insert an audio file separately? 

7 Replies
Eve Walsh

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

We have a very technical powerpoint that we are trying to create a pre-read interactive module quickly from. We haven't got the time (or skill level) to use storyline so thought RISE would work. The problem is its needs alot of  audio from a product expert to help explain the content, is there any workaround?They don't have a 360 account, but are internal to our business.

Eve Walsh

It's for my teammate, she said its a really complex and long presentation she is trying to put into rise (she is a first time user of rise), so it would be very time consuming to do it this way and we are super under resourced and busy at the moment. Hoping the colleague with the 60 day free trial could directly do the audio piece and also good for them to become exposed to rise also.
Is this available option?
Thanks
Eve

Eve Walsh B. Pharm
Senior Training and Capability Manager
AMeX Competencies & Account Planning
Part Time Monday,Tuesday and Friday Morning
Business Strategy & Operations

[cid:image002.png@01D66FBD.162A2090]

Janssen Australia and New Zealand (Janssen-Cilag Pty Ltd)
66 Waterloo Road
Macquarie Park, NSW, 2113
Mobile: +61 407 202 169
ewalsh2@its.jnj.com

www.janssen.com/australia
www.janssen.com/newzealand

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission is confidential and may be privileged information that is intended only for the individual or entity named in the e-mail address. If you are not the intended recipient and believe you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please reply to the sender, so that we can arrange for proper delivery, and then please delete the message from your inbox. The unauthorised use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this e-mail, including attachments, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not a waiver of any attorney/client or other privilege. Thank you.

If you need to report to an ADVERSE EVENT or have ANY PATIENT/DRUG SAFETY INFORMATION, please report within 24 hours directly to the Janssen Drug Safety Department via email at: localsafetyanz@its.jnj.com or fax to: +61 2 9888 9817, or by calling 1800 226 334 (from Australia) or 0800 800 806 (from New Zealand)

If you wish to report a PRODUCT QUALITY COMPLAINT, please do so within 24 hours by calling: +61 2 8875 3367, or email: medinfo@janau.jnj.com

If you have a MEDICAL INFORMATION ENQUIRY, please call: 1800 226 334 (from Australia) or 0800 800 806 (from New Zealand), or email: medinfo@janau.jnj.com

[cid:image003.png@01D66FBD.162A2090]

Jennifer Self

Hello Alyssa  - I just posted a similar question in another thread.  I need to add audio narration to a RISE course.  I thought about using PEEK to record the instructor delivering the course live on zoom.  But I also like the idea of adding audio narration directly in RISE.  What audio recording program would you recommend for the instructor to use ? 

Also, I only see a way to add audio in blocks, which I assume the learner would need to  click "play" on every time?    That is a lot of clicking play if every block is narrated.  If I added an audio block at the beginning of the lesson then it wouldn't follow along as the learned scrolled through the lesson, correct?

Any suggestions on how best to do this welcome, thanks!

Chino Navarro

Hi Jennifer. Rise blocks that allow audio has a button to directly record audio into the block.

Here is a screenshot of it:

We don't have a recommended third-party tool to record your audio. I would leave that up to the community to share their favorites apps.

That is correct; the learner needs to click on play to hear the audio, and the audio will not follow the learner as they scroll through the course. You can opt to use Storyline or create a Storyline interaction and upload it into your Rise 360 course.

For example, in Storyline, you can set the audio to automatically play as soon as the timeline starts. Your learner can navigate through different slide layers while keeping the audio playing on the base layer.