Rise button classes changed after recent Articulate update (WAS: Rise button classes change depending on LMS???)

Mar 15, 2021

Former description:

I have a Rise course which I recently tested in both SCORM Cloud and in SuccessFactors.

In SCORM Cloud the default Continue button has a class of “continue-btn”

In SuccessFactors the same button has a class of “block-continue-btn”

I have no idea why the 2 versions, created from the same Rise course, would have this difference. 

UPDATE: After comparing the actual packages loaded into SF and SCORM Cloud it appears that the older package (SF) uses the "block-continue-btn" class while the newer package uses "continue-btn". 

6 Replies
Randall Sauchuck

Here are the screen shots of the Continue button element in the Inspector for each LMS. as you can see the SuccessFactors version has a class of "block-continue-btn". SCORMCloud (and the Rise environment itself) shows the class of "continue-btn" instead

Randall Sauchuck

look more closely at the class names for the buttons.

I needed to hack the published Rise code.

SuccessFactors isn't recognizing the Rise course as sending the LMS Commit after the user navigates to a new page. So the user loses progress if they leave the course unfinished.

To force the Commit we had to add a hack that checks for mouse click events. If the target of the click is a Continue button (as determined by checking the target's class) then the commit is called

My client (a very large software company) got the original hack directly from Articulate and passed it onto me to expand upon. They wanted additional elements to also trigger the Commit when clicked as they do not always use the Continue button.

When I tested it in SCORM cloud I noticed it was never firing. So I checked the inspector and saw that the code I was given was looking for one class ("block-continue-btn") but the output from Rise showed another ("continue-btn"). I then went into Success Factors and saw that the course there DID have the "block" version of the class. 

The publish settings for both courses and all the content was exactly the same and the 2 versions were only published a week or so apart. If Rise wasn't a web-based product I might have thought there was a difference in the app version. 

Randall Sauchuck

Didn't Articulate just update Rise (to improve accessibility)? Perhaps the revised class names are part of that update? As I said earlier the SuccessFactors course is slightly older than my SCORM cloud version. I am going to try to track down the original package we sent to SF and try that one in SCORM Cloud and see what classes show up.