Rise - Can you delete or break links that you have shared?

May 27, 2018

Hello,

Can you delete, cancel, or break Rise links that you have shared?  Both using the share or reviewer feature.  I'm thinking ahead a bit here, since I've just started using.  I realize that the links stay active and go to the most recent Course on file.  Is there a way to break the links in the future so they are not active anymore?  I'm thinking of a way to safeguard work that is shared with a freelancer who has completed work, or an employee who leaves a company and access is no longer desired.

Thanks!
Stephanie

24 Replies
EW SDL International Plc
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Elisa!

If you need to restrict access to a course, but you don't want to delete the course, the next best option is to add a password. 

Also keep in mind that the first step in translating a Rise 360 course is to duplicate the course. Once you've duplicated the course, then you can export the XLIFF file to be translated. 

Thanks Alyssa!

First one: Can you add a password to a link that you have already shared? I don't see any options for that...

Second one: I know that  but what I mean is that once you have duplicated and exported the file for translation, you can only import it into the exact course you used for the export, so if we delete it then it cannot be imported there. That's what I meant.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Elisa

Phil Mayor

Ah! I have the wrong end of the stick. You are using the share link, ideally, you would use the review link and then you can delete it. The share link is not a great one to send as clients can see any changes you make immediately, publishing to review allows them to see the course when you are happy with it. You can only password protect or delete the course for that link.

Phil Mayor

The share link is a link to the most current state of the course, this means a client can see any live edits you are making. The review link creates specific points of the course for review and also to be able to share a version of the course you are happy with. It can also be deleted whereas the share link can only be deleted by deleting the course

Phil Mayor

Review is a tool to help you review you courses with clients, to use it you must publish to review. Form inside of the course on the toolbar tabs at the top is an option for review and then you choose to publish to review. The clients can type comments and you can action them, no need for them to create screenshots as they are automatically generated.

The share link is an active link for short term sharing, I rarely use it as the client cn see your recent edits you have no control over what they see.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.