Rise - Convert block to a different

Mar 09, 2021

Is it possible to convert a block or set of blocks to a different one?  For example, a series of blocks are created for systems training with images and text; we would like to condense those blocks into an accordion or tab interactive block.   Can we do this easily or do we have to go painfully one by one recreating the entire thing? 

Thank you! 

Karen 

3 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Karen,

You can change any image block to another type of image block, by just choosing a different type within the image category. 

Text blocks work the same way, and the text will remain in the block even if you change one type of text block to another type of text block.

However, that change is only possible if you stay within the same block category.

If the block type you want to change does not appear in the block drop-down on the left, then you need to recreate that block manually as a different type.

Karen Melnyk

Hi Karl, 

So, I can only change text to text, gallery to gallery, flashcard grid to flashcard stack, etc?  I can't change to any other block that isn't located in the drop down menu under edit.    

If I want to change gallery with text to interactive or change the interactive to another interactive  I have to go one by one, manually.  

Thank you.