Rise Course Completion Status Reporting Incorrect Status with a Multi-attempt Assessment

Jan 16, 2024

In Rise, I'm selecting completion status "Passed/Failed" based on assessment results. I have 3 attempts allowed on the assessment. Using LCVista LMS (which uses scorm cloud platform/engine). After failing the assessment the first time and exiting the course, the status reports as FAILED / COMPLETED, as it should. Then, I launch the course again and this time I pass the assessment and exit the course. The status remains as FAILED / COMPLETED, but on the backend/reporting side of the LMS it registers the passed assessment on the 2nd attempt, but the learner still sees FAILED / COMPLETED. Is this error in reporting an issue with Rise or an issue the the LMS?

By the way, same results when using the EXIT COURSE button and running the course in Chrome and Edge.

Has anyone been able to solve this issue?

5 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Artur,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this snag, and good call on testing in an environment that's similar to SCORM Cloud. 

I went ahead and opened a support case on your behalf so we can get you in touch with our support engineers. You're in good hands, and someone will be reaching out shortly via email to continue troubleshooting the issue with you. 

Steven Benassi

Hi LeCresha!

Sorry to hear you're also having issues with LMS reporting!

Thanks for sharing the details! Since the behavior can be reproduced in an LMS test environment, I've opened a support case on your behalf. You're in excellent hands troubleshooting with our support engineers and they should be getting in touch with you shortly!

We can continue the conversation through your case to keep all information in one spot.