Rise 360 - Problems Tracking with Quiz Result

Feb 06, 2023

Hello! 

I'm having issues with a Rise 360 quiz reporting a correct status over to my LMS, Workday. My course contains two lessons, the first is a Storyline file which is reporting its completion as expected. The second is a Rise 360 quiz uploaded with the settings:

- Track using quiz result, Reporting: Passed/Failed

- Set to 90% and three retake attempts

-Require passing score is turned off (this was turned off in order to troubleshoot)

- Exit Course link is on

In my LMS learners are getting stuck in an 'In progress' state, even after using all of the re-take attempts. I've tested this in both Chrome and Microsoft Edge and get the same result. The LMS says that I need to retake the quiz to 'finish' the lesson, but I can't as my attempts are exhausted. I also tried testing this in Scorm Cloud, though I'm not experienced using that at all, I've attached those results below. 

I'd appreciate any guidance on how to troubleshoot the quiz result to report as Pass/Failed.

Thank you!

7 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Katie!

Thanks for sharing which settings you selected when exporting your course! Passed/Failed is a good option because it is most likely to record both completion and success statuses in your LMS. (You might see an Unknown success status in your LMS until learners complete the course, then the status usually changes to Passed/Failed.)

What export option did you select: SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, AICC, xAPI, or cmi5

If you selected SCORM 1.2, please try using a newer standard like SCORM 2004 or xAPI. Let me know if that makes a difference in reporting completion! 

Janet Berg

I'm having issues getting my RIse course to show completed in my LMS (BVS). I don't have a passed/failed option, but I did select Passed/incomplete. I also do not have any Tracking options showing. Why is that? I've exported with every SCORM combination I can think of and still can't get it to work. Please help. Thanks!

Steven Benassi

Hi Janet!

Happy to jump in here!

Have you had a chance to test your Rise lesson with SCORM Cloud? It's a virtual LMS environment we use to determine if an issue lies with a project file or the LMS itself. If you aren't able to replicate the behavior in SCORM Cloud, there's a chance that the behavior might be due to a setting or configuration in your LMS, in which case you'll need to work with your LMS administrator to fix the behavior. 

If you still see the same behavior in SCORM Cloud, or if you need our help testing, please open a support case, so we can take a closer look at your project.

Luciana Piazza

Hi Janet! 

Thanks for reaching out! Happy to help!

I understand you have added knowledge checks to your course. Is that correct?

• Could you please share a screenshot of your Publish settings within Rise 360? It would be helpful to see your current setup. 

When you've included a Storyline Block or a Quiz result, you'll be able to track progress and completion in those ways as well. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jose Tansengco

Hi Janet,

Happy to chime in!

Knowledge Checks and embedded Storyline 360 blocks don't report quiz results to an LMS. You'll need to add an actual Quiz in your Rise 360 course if you want it to report a score at the end.

After adding a quiz, you'll see the option to track by quiz result as an available option when you publish your course. 

Let me know if you have any questions!