Rise course links are opening in the same window

Jan 30, 2022

I have seen this issue has occurred previously from reading past discussions. I have created a Rise module and the links keep opening in the same window. When this occurs, there is no back button on the browser so the learner has to close down the course and re-open it.

How can I set the link to open in a new tab or window. Either one will do for me. I just don't like that it is disruptive to the flow of the course and to the user.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies
Agata Wlodarczyk

Hi Alyssa,

This is happening to me too, I am desperate to solve this issue as the course I am working on has already passed multiple rounds of reviews and was ready to be launched. This problem was discovered while testing in the LMS. I tried both SCORM 1.2 and 2004 v4, in Chrome and in Edge, and this keeps happening. Is there any other option I could use to avoid this? We have been experiencing this both with buttons and hyperlinks...

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Agata! Would you mind sharing your published SCORM output file with our team so we can take a look at how the buttons and hyperlinks behave in your course?

If that works for you, you can attached the file to this case form. We'll test it in our LMS testing environment (SCORM Cloud) and let you know what we find! 

Agata Wlodarczyk

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you for your response! I opened a case a few days ago. Unfortunately, we have not been able to find out what is happening as the same SCORM file was behaving differently in my SCORM Cloud, and differently in Articulate Support's SCORM Cloud account. If I find out why this is happening I will share my findings here!