Rise Course Publishes to PDF as a Single Blank Page

Apr 13, 2023

I'm developing three Rise courses from the same course template. 

When I run a Publish to PDF process on two of the three courses it takes only a few seconds, but the output PDF file is one blank page, rather than the entire course contents as expected. The third course publishes to PDF just fine, with all of its content intact.

Is there a known issue that might be causing the whole PDF publish process to go off the rails with certain content blocks or content types?

9 Replies
Craig Branham

I found this thread, which suggested that audio blocks are a cause of this issue:

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/rise-export-to-pdf-produces-a-single-blank-page-pdf

I removed audio from both of the problematic courses and one now works, the other still does not produce a PDF.

If anyone from the Articulate team would like to take advantage of my free functional testing on your released product, please get in touch. Thanks!

Suzanna Buesing

Hi all!

I have submitted a case with Rise but am also experiencing issues publishing a PDF (able to download an LMS and web file). Last week I was able to download several of our courses as PDFs with no issues but this particular course is giving an error message after about 15 minutes of attempting to download. Our entire team has tried various round-about methods to resolve the error: using different browsers, duplicating the course then downloading, downloading other versions of the course but to no avail.

The course is for a student with a visual impairment who has requested a hard copy of the content to follow along for the week. I would like to resolve this ASAP so they can have the curriculum to fully participate. Let me know of any creative tips or tricks and I will try them! 

Christopher Santos

Hi Suzanna,

Thanks for reaching out to our support team.  I can see that the case has been closed already, and based on the investigation, the lesson count is too many, which is why you are hitting the error.

If all lessons are needed for your student, maybe you can split the course into two and export both of them?