Rise Course Tracking in Crowd Wisdom

Dec 05, 2020

Hello all,

I have a unique situation for a course I am building.

• Individuals Rise courses have been built as "modules" that are put together in an exam prep course in our LMS - Crowd Wisdom.
  • The exam prep course will be available to learners through Crowd Wisdom for about 2 years (the time they have to complete coursework and take the exam).
  • I have set tracking in the Rise courses to track at 100% completion; however, my LMS administrator has advised to not track in the LMS so that learners can return for the two year period.
  • I would like for learners to be able to return to each Rise "module" within the final LMS exam prep course and see what they have completed/where they left off in the left nav of the Rise module.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this last point?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
Renz Sevilla

Hi Beth!

Thanks for sharing the context of how you're using Rise 360 and your LMS for your learners!

I understand that you're trying to create a series of course modules which are meant to be taken over 2 years. I'd like to set and share the expectation that the resume feature will only resume on the last lesson completed, and that this is still LMS dependent.

If a user didn’t complete the course, the LMS should treat the resume as a continuation of the previous attempt. They can re-take the quiz and we will commit the most recent score to the LMS upon exit.   

If they completed the course, most LMSes won’t allow them to change the score after resuming a completed course. Some LMSes won’t allow you to resume a completed course, and once a course is completed, any new launch of the course is a new attempt.

I would check in with your LMS or if the community has used Crowd Wisdom to do something similar.  Hope that helps!
Ross Riskin

Hi Renz,

Thanks for your reply. The course does not contain quizzes, so I think that point is moot. The LMS administrator and I have discussed not passing anything to the LMS regarding completion so that learners can resume whenever they wish. I guess that leaves my question to be whether learners should still be able to see the completion level in the Rise "module" if they take a leave of absence or skip to another module. Do you think that would work?

Beth