Rise Export is creating duplicate files

Feb 20, 2020

Hello,

I'm hopeful that someone can help me with an export issue I've encountered with Rise. I have tested this with a colleague of mine with the same outcome.

When you export a SCORM package from Rise (any version of SCORM), and try to unzip it or load into the LMS, it is reporting duplicate files.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks for your help!

Carol

20 Replies
Karl Muller

I also saw your second post about this issue.

I picked a random course out of my library and published it as SCORM 1.2.

Then I unzipped/extracted it to my local computer using a Windows 10 PC.

There were no duplicate files.

Yesterday I imported a new SCORM for one course into our LMS and there were no error messages. I tested the course and it works.

So I'm not able to duplicate the problems you are having.

If it was a widespread issue, many people would be reporting the same problem.

Is this a problem for all of your courses or just one particular course?

carol combs

Hi Karl,

I had several colleagues reply to me last evening. Apparently several of them have experienced this issue in the past. They remove the duplicated files and that seems to work. And, apparently, the problem just goes away. 

It was happening on all my projects. It is difficult to see how it could be anything other than the Exporter in Rise given that it was in the zip file itself. 

I also used different Browsers - although I can't imagine how the Browser would cause duplicate files, I did try it.

I'm definitely open to any thoughts.

Carol

carol combs

Just a note -  this is apparently something that several folks have had issues with. I am finding more and more of these postings. Check this one out

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/rise-export-scorm-1-2-not-uploading-into-lms

I tried to remove the duplicate files to install - after removing the duplicate files, i received this message

Critical Errors
Multi standards (AICC/ SCORM/ xAPI) are not allowed in one file. Please create a separate file per each (AICC or SCORM or xAPI) and try again.

Still investigating to see how I can clean up the export.

Carol

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Carol!

By chance, do your Rise 360 courses contain a Storyline block? 

We fixed an issue recently where a Tin Can file was showing up in Rise 360 courses that included a Storyline block, causing errors when uploading SCORM packages to your LMS.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360. After updating, please republish your Storyline project to Review 360 as HTML5-only, and reinsert your Storyline block in Rise 360. Let me know how you make out!

carol combs

Problem solved.

The only thing I changed was publishing HTML5 only (no flash).

However, I am asking my team to do the following:

1. Ensure you are up-to-date

2. Check the publishing settings in Rise and ensure they match with Storyline when embedding SL in Rise

3. Publish as HTML5 only

Thanks for the replies and tips.

Carol

Lea Agato

Hi there! Please check out this article for details on the Storyline publish settings to use when adding a Storyline block in your Rise course.  Let us know here if you have questions.  You may also reach out to Carol directly on her ELH profile page if you have specific questions for her.  

Benjamin Müller

Hi Alyssa, we are still struggling with the problem of duplicate font files in the zipped output folder (xAPI export to LMS). We use a custom font and use storyline blocks in our Rise course. But also courses without storyline blocks cause duplicate files. We can remove the duplicate manually from the zip archive, and then we manage to import to our LMS as a work around. Any suggestions how to solve the problem directly in Rise?

Barbi Brown

Hi, I'm using Rise to compile a scorm  1.2 file to load into Cornerstone and it keeps showing a duplicate file error. I've tried to run it as scorm 2004 also with the same issue. I then went into my previous rise files to see if this issue existed there and it doesn't. So I tried to recompile a previous file and it's now adding the multiple javascript files with the same name. I can't rename the files individually, it changes all the names. No storyboard, just a simple MP4 to Scorm file conversion. Is this a known new issue or related to this thread?