Rise Flashcard: Card background color or image

Feb 03, 2019

Hello

I am wondering if there is a way to change the color of the flashcards themselves in Rise. We are wanting to use our company's branding and image on the flashcards (front and back of cards). Then we need to be able to write on the cards. This would be a nice feature to be added to Rise please.

At the moment, I can only change the card background to an image or text, but not both together.

Thank you

Sumant

31 Replies
Leanna Knox-Kinsman

I would really like this feature. I have created flashcards with images that combine the text and and image, however this is really not a good option for accessibility. Even being able to change the colour of the background of the card itself would be helpful. You can change the background but not the actual card. Thanks for considering!

Phoebe Sterdan

Currently also working on a Rise course and started looking online here on how to add the colour, etc. to the flashcards. This seems to be a very desired feature - please consider adding this seemingly basic function.

I have tried making my own picture as people have suggested, however it seems to compress it and it looks blurry in Rise. Does anyone have tips on sizing/etc. for it to look clear? 

Eric Santos

Hi Phoebe,

Thanks for reaching out! The flashcard color feature is not currently on our feature roadmap, but we’ll update this discussion if our team decides to reroute. 

Also, I’m sorry about the trouble with the flashcard image. To avoid blurriness and keep your image in its specific file format and not undergo compression, you can add _NOPROCESS_ to the name of your image file. It’ll upload and display exactly as you saved it.

If you require any further information, please let me know.