Rise Image Gallery Block Not Working

Nov 16, 2023

I'm encountering an issue where if you insert a Gallery block that's a 2-4 Column Grid, the images won't display correctly in Preview, Review, or Publish Mode, but it will display correctly in Edit Mode.

This problem is isolated to just me on my team, so others can see them no problem.

Here's what happens for the following situations:

• Gallery Block w/ No Text:  All images do NOT display.
  • Gallery Block w/ Few Words:  All images display, but they are incredibly tiny, including the words.
  • Gallery Block w/ Many Words:  All images display, but they are incredibly large, and the text is tiny.

This happens on both of my browsers and I have cleared my cache/cookies and restarted multiple times.

The only current workaround is to turn off block animations, but that won't work because many people who I work with use that feature and I can't expect them to turn it off on all future courses because there seems to be some kind of glitch. 

EDIT TO ADD:  One interesting thing of note, if I try Preview mode and use the Mobile Portrait option, the images will display.  ALSO, if I'm in Preview mode just using the default option, the images only display if I make the screen width incredibly narrow... almost to mimic Mobile Portrait mode.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

14 Replies
Brian Mertz

Hi Paula, 

A coworker figured it out for me.  If you have Windows, turn on Play animations in Windows in your settings.  

https://www.microcenter.com/tech_center/article/8714/how-to-enable-or-disable-windows-animations-in-windows-10#:%7E:text=Once%20the%20setting%20menu%20opens,for%20Play%20animations%20in%20Windows

The above link shows you how.  For me, the Show Animations in Windows option showed in the Display section.  Also wait for a second to turn blue when you click to turn it on.

Michael Getz

We're seeing this issue as well for Gallery blocks in Preview, Review or Publish. The issue resolves with the Show Animations in Windows setting, but obviously we can't expect users to do change Windows settings to view a course. 

Could this be related to one of the recent Rise updates, such as the changes to Image/Gallery blocks?

Brian Mertz

Hi Michael,

So far, I was the only one on the team that encountered this issue.  I had IT messing around with my computer, so they may have done something that switched it.  Hopefully it's an isolated problem, because I agree, if it turns it something larger, Articulate may need to do some updates.

Michael Getz

Hi all,

Our team wasn't noticing it either in editing or publishing, but then a number of reviewers all noticed it, so it's definitely a larger issue related to one of the recent Rise updates. 

The attached PPT has 2 screen shots showing the course with the Windows "Show Animations in Windows" display setting disabled. The issue appears to have cropped up between the versions of the course updated between 15 and 20 days ago.

I'll contact Articulate Support with a link to the course in Review with the various review versions.

Michael

Eric Favata

Experiencing the same issue and concluded it is related to the 'Show Animations in Windows' setting. If this is turned OFF, your RISE animations (image fades, etc.) won't work or for my case not appear or not aligned properly. With this setting ON, there is no issue. Tested this on several machines. 

Emily Hale

Hi and Happy Thanksgiving to all! I am having the same issue as Brian. Image grids are not rendering properly in Preview mode. This phenomenon began about 2 days ago---even though the same file has been rendering properly for months. But now, image grids look fine in Edit mode, but become either massively oversized or dramatically undersized in Preview mode. ALSO, my Block Entrance Animations do not work at all. Whether they are turned on or off, they do not work. This too happened only just recently, a couple of days ago.  Thanks to Brian's and other users' comments above, I at least now have a workaround for the grids issue by turning those entrance animations off. But now I must tell the client that I had to turn all animations off in order to work around the Rise image grids bug. Not great. We know that the image grid issue is related to the entrance animations. So, can't this be fixed? Please help. 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, folks! We fixed this issue where gallery block images were disappearing. This also fixed a problem with charts not showing up properly, and with labeled graphic markers taking a while to show up.

I'm sorry for the hiccup! Please restore your animation settings as needed and give your courses a preview. Reach out to us here if you see anything unexpected: https://articulate.com/support/contact/case