Rise inside lesson link

Dec 27, 2016

Hello!

I'd like to create links inside a lesson to another next lesson.

The idea is to use an image with markers (Labeled graphics) and insert a link, in each marker, to another lesson and then add a return to the image again to get to the next marker.

Can you help me? Is it possible?

40 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Peggy,

A labelled graphic and a process would be separate lessons, although a Block would allow you to add multiple elements in that lesson section such as Flash cards, Tabs, and a Knowledge Check using the Black (+) button that'll appear when you hover below each Block section as you view them while editing. 

Ronny Salmeron

Linking text block content to any lesson/section in a Rise course would be extremely beneficial, similar to how it's done in Storyline where you highlight-right click-Hyperlink the desired text and insert a jump to slide trigger. AWESOMENESS! 

I have a resource in development that contains a ton of reference links, links that jump to other chapters, etc so the design nature is to jump back and forth w/o losing sight of current section and progress. 

Hi Melinda

Continue button can only be added to a Blocks lesson - but if you used Restricted navigation, that would require a user to click on all the items in a Labelled graphic. 

For a quiz, you could look at using the option to Require Passing Score to Continue. You can see more on this here. This setting only impacts Quizzes in Rise (not knowledge checks). 

Salimah Lalani

Hi Ashley,

I have an Inside Rise link issue that is slightly different from the ones above, hoping you or someone else can help.

I am trying to add a link to text under an image. I want that text to work as a link to another  lesson in the same course but the link does not stay consistent. It works the day I put it in but the next day it does not work. See screenshot below:

Screenshot of where I would like to insert link to a lesson

The way I get the url to insert in the above screenshot, is by previewing the target lesson and using the url that is in the browser for the target lesson at the time.

How can I get a link to the target lesson that stays consistent in preview and when I export? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Hi Salimah,

You can use a Button block to link to specific lessons, but grabbing the URL is not something that will remain consistent (especially in Preview, as those links are specific to you as an author of the course) for you or your learners. I know a few other users were looking for a similar feature to insert a link to a lesson - so we'll keep you posted here in ELH if that makes our feature list! 

Emma Herbert

Question, why is the URL *not* consistent? Is it safe to hyperlink using the section URLs from the shared link?

Essentially, we have a User Guide created in Rise and we are hyperlinking from text within our platform to different sections of the User Guide. I'm just doing some basic testing, and need to be sure that the links will remain constant. I'm assuming they will if we take the URLs from the Articulate share link that would be ok?

John Madar

Rise appears restrictive. It does not seem possible to highlight text within a lesson and then create a link to another part of the course. For example - a reference within the text cannot be linked to the list of references in the last chapter so it is not possible to enable the reader to see what the reference is with a single click. 

It should be possible to cross link across all components of a course to enable cross referencing within chapter, between chapters. 

This is a facility enabled within Word and PDF documents, so why not articulate/rise ? 

Significant loss of functionality. 

Would be good to sort this.

Thanks

Allison LaMotte

Hi John,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry you're finding this frustrating. We do have a feature request logged for this and we'll let you know via this thread if there are any updates.

In the meantime, you can use button stacks to achieve this functionality. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. :)