Rise Project Planning Question

Mar 01, 2018

Hi All!

I've worked with SL and other Articulate products for several years now, but I'm new to Rise. I'm researching it as an option to be used as a primary tool for a large project with possibly 20 modules that will need to be translated into multiple languages. 

What do you consider when deciding to use this over another software? The team likes the look and feel, and speed of development, and we are aware that we will need to test this in the LMS prior to a decision. What else do we need to consider? What if any challenges have come up for you all? Is translation more difficult than with SL given that there isn't an export feature?

Thanks in advance for the support?

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Traci,

I'll leave the bulk of your questions to folks in the community who have answered these same questions for themselves, but I wanted to make sure you also saw the articles on "Why you need the tools in Articulate 360" - it's a good reminder that each tool serves a different purpose and need. The benefit of Articulate 360 is you have access to all of them for whenever you need to build a project! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Traci,

The issues I've heard about SuccessFactors were connected to how it scrolled (or didn't) in mobile and issues with an error when viewing AICC Rise content in Success Factors in IE11. I haven't heard reports that it doesn't track at all. 

Has the Success Factors team indicated a cause or known issue on their end? Have you tested a few of the different export options (AICC, SCORM, Tin Can API)? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.