Rise TinCan Export - Marking as "Passed" instead of "Complete"

Apr 03, 2020

When the TinCan asset marks as "Passed" in my LMS (LearnUpon), it marks the entire course as complete. How can I make the Rise TinCan export be marked as "Complete" instead of "Passed?" Here are the settings I'm using (attached).

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Rebecca!

When you export xAPI courses in Rise 360, you don’t choose a reporting option, yet your LMS can still track completion and success. It's up to your LMS to determine what displays for success and/or completion statuses.

Your LMS provider is best equipped to help if you don’t see the statuses you expect. Ask your LMS admin or provider if a specific LMS standard is required to record the status you are looking for.

Birkman International

Hi Alyssa - I clicked the "reporting option" link that you linked me to. On that page it says:

When you export a Rise 360 course, you get to choose one of these reporting options:

Passed/Incomplete
Passed/Failed
Completed/Incomplete
Completed/Failed

How do I choose between these four options? I don't see them anywhere. If I could chose "Complete/Incomplete" I think that would solve my problem. 

Thank you!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Rebecca!

Further down in that same article, there's a paragraph specifically about xAPI (Tin Can):

xAPI (also known as Experience API or Tin Can API) is the latest evolution of SCORM. It’s simpler to use and more versatile than other LMS standards. When you export xAPI courses in Rise 360, you don’t choose a reporting option, yet your LMS can still track completion and success. So there’s no guesswork or trial and error. If your LMS supports xAPI, we recommend it as your best option.

So, that means you can't choose a reporting option for Tin Can, but your LMS can still track completion and success. It's up to your LMS to determine what displays for success and/or completion statuses.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.