Rise Translation

Apr 09, 2018

Hello, 

I'm planning some Rise courses, but they would need to be translated. Any update on whether exporting is supported yet? 

5 Replies
Elizabeth Pawlicki

Hi Scott!  

Because Rise is a web-based authoring tool, all of the editable content will always stay online. But as long as the course is owned by an active subscription holder, it will always be available to the author to be updated!  If the person translating your Rise course is a member of your Articulate 360 team, there are are a couple of ways you could collaborate with them!  You could add them as a collaborator, you could transfer ownership of the course to that person so they can translate it.  Or you could send them a copy if the original course needs to stay in English.

Kathrin Wallner

Hello, 

I have the same use case right now. 

I built a course in Rise and I we have to translate it in 16 other languages (unfortunately due in 3 weeks) ... 

Does the collarborater need a licence? Is it possible to add 16 collaborates?

Or is it better to make a copy of my course and say "please translate" ... or can I give one person a subscription if the translation is done, give the licence to another one? 

Thanks for you help!

Crystal Horn

Hi Kathrin!  Just connecting these discussions.  

Good questions about our collaborator feature in Rise.  You can work on your Rise course with any other Articulate 360 Team members.  So, yes, they'll need access to a 360 Teams subscription, and yes, you can have as many collaborators as you like!

If you'd like to send a copy of your course to another Articulate 360 user (team or freelancer), you can use the Send a Copy feature.  Each of you will have your own copy of the course.

We're still working toward releasing a translation feature in Rise.  We'll be sure to update you as soon as we can!

Dino Apostolopoulos

Hi,

Recently I created a table in Word and manually copied the text from the Rise lesson into each row of the table. I left a blank column for the translator to add the translated text (see attached sample).  I also included a link to the Rise course/lesson and screenshots for context.

Once I got the doc back, I created a copy of my English course/lesson then copied the translations into the new project with easy references.

Other options could be:

1. Export your Rise lesson to PDF & get the translator to put the translations into the Comments feature in Adobe Reader.
  2. Publish to your Rise lesson to Articulate Review and get the translator to enter the translations using Comments feature in.

Either way, you'll need to copy/paste whatever you get back from the translator into the Rise course/lesson.

Cheers.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.