Rise xAPI content index/search

Jul 06, 2020

Once a Rise course is exported in xAPI, or SCORM, is the content of the course able to be indexed? We are in the process of evaluating Rise and Storyline to create/convert a large amount of training material, and want to be able to use the LMS's indexing and search to return content results of our courses. I've looked into the resulting .zip files during export and don't seem to find the actual content.

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Randy,

It sounds like you need the ability to use the LMS search tool to search content inside of Rise 360 and Storyline 360 courses — is that right?

While that's not something you would be able to do right now, I'd love to hear more about how you would use an indexing feature. Do you want learners to be able to search course content?

Randy Chockley

Exactly, we would like the LMS search tool to provide results based on the content of our Rise 360 and Storyline 360 courses.  We have a large number of technical courses, where a learner would benefit from searching content to aid in troubleshooting.

Where is the actual text content of a Rise 360 course saved?  It isn't apparent in the SCORM or xAPI exported packages.

Patrick Gudat

In order to be efficient in updating courses with potentially changing content, having a global search capability would be a very good thing to have.  Currently, if I need to find a keyword in a catalog of 50+ courses, we have to go into each one individually and search.

If you are going to encode the exported SCORM content, then the course creation software MUST have this feature.  I cannot believe that such a basic concept is missing.  

Adrian Castillo

I am also finding this encryption causes our content to be unreadable through our LMS.  This is creates a huge problem for our organization.  I understand the many reasons for the encryption, however a solution to this issue is absolutely necessary.  There has to be a way to index the content within the file, either through meta tag keywords or similar.  Please advise on a solution to this very critical situation.