RISE360 not resuming where left off

Aug 09, 2022

Hello!

I'm hosting a RISE360 course in an LMS but learners are not able to resume where they left off with their progress intact.  When they go back into the LMS and access the activity they have to start from the beginning.  I read online that RISE360 courses are supposed to keep progress intact.  The course was published using SCORM 1.2.  Is there a setting in RISE that needs to be turned on?  Or in the LMS?  (I'm using Brightspace/D2L) 

Screenshot from support page:

Thank you!

5 Replies
Gren Foronda

Hi Heather! Sorry to hear the issue persists even when the Rise course is published as SCORM 2004 3rd Edition.

Does your LMS (Brightspace) require you to identify the launch file when uploading and setting up the course in the LMS server? If yes, make sure to point to indexapi.html under the scormdriver folder.

In addition, to troubleshoot further, we recommend testing this Rise course in a test LMS server, SCORM Cloud. Here's how:

If Rise courses resume properly in SCORM Cloud, this suggests that the content is working properly. We recommend reaching out to your LMS (Brightspace) admin to help troubleshoot the issue further, such as checking some settings for the course or the LMS server.

Hope this helps, and please do let us know if you have further questions.

Heather Klein

Hi Gren,

I don't think Brightspace (D2L) requires me to identify the launch file when uploading the scorm.  I have posted this question with our customer success manager to verify.   D2L verified that they do not have a "Resume" functionality.  So whenever a user completes a SCORM package and then wants to go back to review, they have to retake and restart all over - causing their progress to start back at 0%.  This is extremely frustrating for our users who have already completed and just want to go back and review.