Screen loads, then jumps to embedded storyline activity.

Feb 26, 2020

When I have incorporated a storyline 360 project into a section, the screen displays the first part of the section, and then seems to jump to where I've added the 360 project. Its no drama, I just scroll up to the top of the section where I need to begin, but it may be annoying for the users.

Any thoughts, or could it be one of those industry features? haha.

Thank you

12 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Kim! Thanks for those details. We have spotted a few situations where Storyline blocks will grab the focus of the lesson:

• the slide includes a text entry field at the bottom of the timeline
  • if the Storyline publishing process included Flash output

I'll make sure we update this discussion with fixes for those issues. If your Storyline interaction has a different setup, can you share it with us here? We'll be happy to confirm what's happening. Thanks!

Kim Rushbrooke

Thank you for your response.  My apologies for the delayed reply, its a busy life for an ID sometimes!  You mentioned in some cases if the project has a 'flash output'. In the older versions of SL flash was mentioned when publishing. I will check the settings for the new SL360, its not something I have paid attention so its worth testing this if I can find the setting to change.  Thank you for all the help.

Kim Rushbrooke

Hello Alyssa.  I can get the file to you however I will need to wait until next week, as the package is currently out for Stakeholder Review. The files are original content so I will need to seek approval to release to you. It won't be a problem, but I prefer to wait until the review has concluded. Thank you though for the help.  I'm sure its happening to other files, however with this particular page in RISE, I have two SL360 projects incorporated.   Thank you

Kim Rushbrooke

Hello Alyssa, I received permission to share content with you about this issue.  I had an SME meeting just this morning and she brought the issue up. So its becoming obvious to the more astute users.  Here is a link to my TEST rise course for you, where I copied the block from the current course. 

https://rise.articulate.com/share/m3rAoJA8bgtIuI_eWYU7ufMXiubjtTKH

I can't give you a copy of the SL360 projects at this time.  Currently trying to gain access to my files and I am working from home and never had a reason so far to access files on my server array, "post COVID 19 world".  When I gain access I'll push these through to you as well.

Thanks for your help so far, its appreciated.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Kim. Thanks so much for sharing your sample Rise 360 course. I did experience the lesson jumping to the Storyline block with the pie chart as soon as the lesson loaded.

At first look, I don't see anything in this Storyline block that would cause that issue to happen. I'm going to share the course with our Support Engineers to see if they can identify what would cause this problem. 

You'll get a reply via email from the team soon!

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Kim! I'm happy to let you know that we just released an update for Storyline 360! That update includes a fix for the issue where Rise 360 would immediately jump to the Storyline Block when it contained a Text Entry field at the bottom of the timeline.

Does your Storyline block content contain a text entry field on any slide? If so, this fix could solve the issue you're seeing. 

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Let us know if that resolves the issue!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.